- "Ideas come from people. Therefore, people are more important than ideas. (...) Find, develop and support good people, and they in turn will find, develop, and own good ideas.
- "Mistakes are part of creativity. (...) "To be a truly creative company, you must start things that might fail."
- "(...) we need to free ourselves of honesty´s baggage. (...) One way to do that is to replace the word honesty with another word that has a similar meaning but fewer moral connotations: candor."
- "Pixar films are not good at first, and our job is to make them so - to go, as I say. `from suck to not-suck.´ (...) Creativity has to start somewhere, and we are true believers in the power of bracing, candid feedback and the iterative process - reworking, reworking, and reworking again, until a flawed story finds its throughliner or a hollow character finds its soul."
- "Telling the truth is difficult, but inside a creative company, it is the only way to ensure excellence."
- "Management´s job is not to prevent risk but to build the ability to recover."
- "Our job is to protect our babies from being judged too quickly. Our job is to protect the new. (...) Part of our job is to protect the new from people who don´t understand that in order for greatness to emerge, there must be phases of not-so-greatness."
- "The key is to view conflict as essential, because that´s how we know the best ideas will be tested and suvive. You know, it can´t only be sunlight. It is management´s job to figure out how to help others see conflict as healthy - as a route to balance, which benefits us all in the long run."
- "If you don´t try to uncover what is unseen and understand its nature, you will be ill prepared to lead."
- "Craft is what we are expected to know; art is the unexpected use of our craft."
- "Art challenges technology, technology inspires art." (John Lasseter)
- "In my experience, creative people discover and realize their visions over time and through dedicated, protracted struggle. In that way, creativity is more like a marathon than a sprint."
- "We human like to know where we are headed, but creativty demands that we travel paths that lead to who-knows-where."
January 08, 2016
HOW TO HANDLE CREATIVES
Creativity, Inc. - Overcoming The Unseen Forces That Stand In The Way Of True Inspiration" is a very inspiring book as the man himself. Here are my favorite quotes from Ed: